Friday, July 1, 2011

Eat, Manger, Essen...

My boys all enjoy their food. My husband savours his Italian pasta. He spends hours using every pot and utensil in the kitchen to spatter tomato sauce on cupboards, floors, ceilings and walls with the sole purpose of creating "Papa's special sauce" as my oldest has named it. I have to admit that it does taste pretty good & I do appreciate having containers full of pasta sauce in my freezer.

My 3 year old loves eating pasta - almost any kind - and will eat enough for 2 adults if he's really hungry. He also loves pizza, end enjoys helping Mama make it; he actually just eats all the grated mozarella cheese and drives his cars through the flour while I make it, but to him, it's 'helping'.

My youngest must enjoy the feeling of food spraying past his lips & onto every object in a 1 meter radius, including whoever is feeding him. He loves eating & our grocery bill has definitely increased since he started on solids, but I am convinced that I end up wearing more than half of the food I prepare for him!

Today, I made Calzone. It's the Italian version of an English pasty or an American pizza-pocket, but don't say that to an Italian! My son  loved the fact that the cheese was 'hiding' inside the pizza. I just used my regular pizza dough, rolled very thin into small rounds & then popped on my filling (bacon & cheese & pizza sauce). Then I folded the circles in half and pressed the sides together well. I put them on a very well oiled baking sheet & put them into a hot oven until they were golden. YUM! Later, I prepared a pear raspberry tart for tomorrow (the original recipe is apricot & pear from Real Simple, but I changed the topping & added a chocolate base, instead of just almond).

All that, just to say we each enjoy our food in different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment