Sunday, September 11, 2011

Spray, Spew, Blow the man down!

Spray painting

We hosted a spray-painting craft for pre-schoolers at our home last week. Using old and new spray bottles (the kind you use for cleaning or spritzing your hair with water), we created amazing art on giant sheets of white paper. The results were fantastic and very colourful. We did it outdoors because it's very messy, but a simple hose-down and everything was quickly cleaned up.

Spewing & Blow-outs

Of course, the morning when we're planning to have a couple families over for brunch, our 11month old decides to have an upset tummy. When he vomits, it's not just a little that dribbles down his shirt; he sends it flying all over whatever and whomever might be a few feet away from him. After cleaning him up, I picked him up to comfort him. A few minutes later, I noticed a bad smell and some brown smears on my arm... uh oh! Yes, he had done a 'blow-out', the diaper had leaked & he had smeared it all over himself and me. Then it was into the shower for both of us and promptly into bed for him! I had to get brunch on because our guests were due to arrive in 10minutes and there I was in my skivvies with only a bit of spinach and onion fried up for the frittata that I had planned. Brunch did work out and the food did get made, but I was sure panicked for that hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment