Thursday, June 2, 2011

Don't say "No, no n,n Noooo...."

My 3 year old loves singing along to the chorus of Bruno Mars "Marry you"... "just say ya, ya, ya ya yaaaa. don't say No, no no no noooo, and we'll go, go go go goooo.... (etc)" In fact, he sing/says it to me when I tell him that No, he cannot do something, like stand on the kitchen counter or jump on the sofas. It's hard not to laugh!
We are also in the 'questioning phase' & he's come up with a few fantastic questions.

"Mama, I want pink toes like you." I explained that I didn't think Papa would be too happy with that. He then said, "How about Orange toes? Papa likes orange!" Creative thinking, son, but NO!

At bathtime my shirt got soaked, so I took it off & finished towelling my son off & dressed him for bed. "Mama, what's that?" I explained THAT was my bra. He then asked "What's it for?" I explained it helped keep my boobies up. "I want a blue baby-bra for my little boobies," he said while pointing to his chest.

For dinner, I made a lovely White Bean hummous-type dip (from the book 'Eat, Shrink & Be Marry' http://www.eatshrinkandbemerry.com/)... yummy! We ate it with FRESH Arabic bread & cut veggies: healthy & filling.

Some days I would love to SLEEP... and sleep. Today was one of them. I had a lovely night out, but a cranky baby at 5am that doesn't want to go to sleep really makes me wonder how worthwhile it is trying to get out in the evenings. Then, when my precious chance to sleep at 'naptime' comes, one boy or other decides to require my attention... one has an upset tummy, one needs more water & another wants to know if I need the car in the afternoon. *sigh*

I have so many small, but significant events to write about & catch up on, but we'll get there eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment