Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I'm going to call my Daddy!

When I asked my oldest to clean up his toys yesterday, my darling boy announced, "I'm going to call my Daddy and ask him to take you away!" I nearly died laughing, so he shouted at me because he presumed I didn't understand. What HE didn't understand is that I wish his Daddy would come and take me away for a few hours or a day or a week! The discipline (not necessarily all bad things) that we inflict on our children are the very things that we wish we could have inflicted on us. I wish someone would make me sit down for 2minutes and do NOTHING! I wish someone would force me to take a nap. I wish someone would insist on preparing me a nice healthy meal. I wish someone would make me go to bed early. I think you get the picture!

This morning was Father's Day Baby Craft morning at our house, and I completely forgot to take pictures, so here's a picture of Tavian a month ago painting himself and his highchair with beetroot.

Something fantastic about Doha is the amount of free or very reasonably-priced children's and family activities that are available here. One event that we particularly enjoyed last month was the 'Kite Festival'. I tried to upload a short video, but something went wrong with the server - apologies!

Last night we made Salmon in Orange Sauce - made my own recipe with dill and garlic, but this link has an easy version, and Marillen/Aprikosen Knoedel with Streusel. Both of these are dishes that my husband dislikes, so we enjoyed them while he was out.

No comments:

Post a Comment