Monday, June 6, 2011

Mind Blanks

In the evening I have all my great ideas about what I should blog about, but being tired, I go to bed. In the early morning when I sit on the computer to check e-mails, etc while my little one plays on the floor, I forget. Rather typical. Needing something to expand my brain and to extend my poetic abilities, I've joined a Writing Moms group. Most are professionals or semi-professionals. I'm the only poet. Some of the others are journalists and are writing books or short stories. Amazing women, especially considering they all have children!

Yesterday, we went to the dentists... or tried to take my oldest to the dentist. He refused to get into the chair, and then when we finally coaxed him into it (on my lap), he would NOT open his mouth or smile. The dentists was very patient, but my husband was pretty frustrated. That was compounded when he saw the bill. Dentists aren't cheap, but I guess he forgot about that.

I made Pepperonata and a loaf of crusty bread last night (yum!) Pepperonata http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/peperonata/ is the easiest & most colourful dish to make if you have a few peppers in your fridge that need to be used. I never follow a recipe and I don't add sugar since my peppers are quite sweet. The night before, I made  Brownies full of Spinach and Carrots for a friend who hates vegetables - he had several servings, so that means they were yummy! Success! The recipe is from a fun book entitled 'Deceptively Delicious' http://www.doitdelicious.com/  .

Ok, off to make breakfast for my little guy who is rolling around on the floor complaining that Mama isn't giving him enough attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment